N.B. Thurs November 22nd is a follow-up meeting from the first Croydon Tech City event held October 4th (see below to see what was discussed).
On Thurs Nov 22nd:
- There will be a full presentation of the vision (as below) from 7.30 – 8pm for those who were unable to make the previous event.
- 8pm onwards there will be a presentation from Croydon Creatives, and extended time for audience feedback and discussion of how to take Croydon Tech City forward.
The Silicon Valley of South London
Croydon Tech City is a vision of mine in which I wish to see Croydon become a credible player in the European tech scene and an attractive home for digital and creative start-ups.
The aims of the evening are primarily to:
- Explain why Croydon should commit to this vision
- Show how I intend to push Croydon Tech City forwards in 2013
- Find out how others can help me
- Learn from any suggestions or criticisms
The agenda for the night is as follows (although subject to change):
- Introduction (with pyrotechnics and laser show, budget permitting)
- Personal background
- Purley 2.0
- An introduction to Tech City
- Brief history
- Notable companies in the area
- Events and culture
- Success stories
- Why Croydon should commit to this vision
- Matthews Yard
- Fairfield Halls
- Examining current local tech cluster
- Croydon Creatives
- Commercial office space
- Residential properties
- Local culture
- Plans for 2013
- Q&A (with possible premature escape through the back exit from groupies/irate naysayers)
The event will formally finish at 9pm – although it would be great to carry on the conversation well into the night. Ideally somewhere classy (read: KFC).🙂
Please do come along on Thurs Nov 22nd at 7.30pm, it would be wonderful to have you listen, contribute and shape this vision.
I can be contacted at jonnyrose1 [at] gmail [dot] com or 98rosjon on Twitter.