This is Purley. I live here.
Purley is an affluent suburb of Croydon which has a population of around 72,000 people. Of this population, only about 10 people use Twitter. That is an optimistic estimate – I’ve only actually touched base with four other people who live in CR8.
With the help of local friend, artist and collaborator @james_brooks, we are hoping to make Purley a more ‘social’ town by encouraging residents and business owners to use Twitter:
The intention of this is:
- To enable local businesses to use social media to promote their brand
- To encourage Purley residents to make connections with other like-minded people both locally and further afield
- To provide a forum for entrepreneurs and Social Media enthusiasts to meet and collaborate
- To promote the town of Purley
- To create an online Purley community that will benefit the off-line Purley community
If this interests you or you have any advice on how we could make this happen, please get in contact with me at @98rosjon on Twitter, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
Any help would be appreciated.